|A lemon blossom|
There is something about the simple tasks I engage in there, like pulling weeds, planting seeds, harvesting vegetables and watering, that allow my mind to relax and focus on the things that are most important to me.
Yesterday while I was harvesting some of the vegetables still growing from summer, I starting thinking about my priorities in life. Which lead me to start composing a list in my mind. This is the end result:
- I need to put myself before other people
- I need to put people before things
- I need to focus on mindfulness, not multitasking
- I need to value mistakes over perfection
- I need to focus on gratitude for what I have, not longing for what I want
It amazes me how much quality thinking I do in my garden.
Do you do much thinking in your garden too?